What’s the same as in 2018?
- The general marine fish daily bag limit will be 5 fish
- no more than 1 of which may be cabezon when open (opens July 1)
- The bag limits for lingcod (2), flatfish (25), and the longleader gear fishery (10)
- Descending devices are mandatory on any vessel fishing for, or possessing, bottomfish including flatfish species, or Pacific halibut in the ocean.
- The Stonewall Bank Yelloweye Rockfish Conservation Area, approximately 15 miles west of Newport, remains closed to fishing for bottomfish or Pacific halibut.
- Yelloweye rockfish are prohibited at all times and in all waters.
What’s new for 2019?
- During the seasonal depth restriction, angling for bottomfish will be allowed out to the 40-fathom line(rather than the 30-fathom line) AND the restriction begins one month later, on May 1 (rather than April 1)
- In the offshore longleader fishery, retention of two additional species will be allowed — blue rockfish and deacon rockfish.